I need to do a Candy Crush game as homework and I'm pretty lost.
The following are the requirements:
-Asks for player's name
-Saves score and name in a text file (.txt)
-Only 20 movements and move tracker/counter
-When 3 equal elements (color/symbol) are aligned verticaly or horizontaly they have to be erased and substituted with random characters. This movement scores 10 points.
-At the end of the 20 movements, the program shall display the total score and the player's name.
you need to define an 8x8 array to store the elements, How many types of tiles are there?
you have to write smaller functions for the following operations:
- move a tile with neighbour
- match 3 elements in a row
- match 3 elements in a column
- shift elements downwards on match
- randomly add a tile on match
- recheck if the new tiles are also matching in row / column, if yes, shift again
once the smaller functions are written, you can easily write the code for the whole program.