find the enthalpy in python script

Regards;
can anyone help me how to find the enthalpy from present data by using property packages
data known:
fraction
flowrate
temperature
pressure
phase (it is in saturated condition)

DWSIM 04-12-18, 10:19 a.m. mehul09

Answers:

Dear Mehul,

Method for calculation of enthalpy for the output material stream depends on the unit operation from which the output material stream is coming.

For example, if the unit operation is an mixer, then the total enthalpy of the output material stream would be the summation of the products of input material stream with its mass flowrates. Deviding the total enthalpy by the total mass flowrate of output stream will give the specific enthalpy.

Suppose enthalpy_1 and enthalpy_2 are the variables assigned for the specific enthalpy of the inlet material streams and massflow_1 and massflow_2 are variables assigned for the mass flowrates of inlet material streams. then the total enthalpy of outlet stream can be calculated as

totalenthalpy = (massflow_1[0] * enthalpy_1[0]) + (massflow_2[0] * enthalpy_2[0])

Specific enthalpy of the outlet stream can be calculated as

enthalpy_3[0] = totalenthalpy/massflow_3[0]

where massflow_3 is the total mass flowrate of the output material stream.

24-12-18, 12:21 p.m. Priyam_Nayak

Thanks for your help
but  have a look to this paper https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/ie801428s , here the Fortran code for the membrane are given for aspen plus (which I try to convert into the python script of DWSIM); on page no 3488(pdf page no 5) where I have to find the intermediate state's enthalpy and than subtract it and find the final enthalpy then I have to find the temperature again(which must automatically done by DWSIM)

24-12-18, 2:55 p.m. mehul09

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.