How can I get ISO file for the OS(Debian)? I am unable to login because no option is showing for plasma on login page.
This issue is probably due to unavailability of disk space in your root partition.
I suggest the following before trying to reinstall the OS:
- Use Ctrl+Alt+F1 key to access TTY console
- Try login with your username and password
- Try removing some unwanted files to create some disk space (Around 500MB)
- Use rm command to remove files (if you're a beginner in Linux, then you may refer to the Linux spoken tutorials)
- Reboot the laptop
- sudo reboot
If this doesn't fix your plasma login issue then you may try re-installing the OS using our ISO image.
- Download the 6GB ISO file from here
- Use an 8GB or above empty pendrive and use etcher tool(download for your OS) to write the ISO on the pendrive
- Once done, Insert the pendrive to the USB port and boot the laptop, interrupt the boot by pressing (F7) key and select your pendrive from the list. Choose install (NOT the default Graphical Install). The software will install automatically and reboot the machine.