I'm using ArcGIS software on my PC (Windows 10) which uses python 2.7 already.
While Installing miniconda, I did not register it as system default python.
As per instructions "Run command python osdagMainPage.py
# You need to replace 'python' in the above command with python from the miniconda-package, if you opted not to register it as the system default python"
I don't know how to replace 'Python' from miniconda in the above command.
The osdag is in following directory: C:\Users\JAY SHREE KRISHNA\Documents\Osdag
The miniconda is in following directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Miniconda2
Kindly guide me.
Thanking you in advance.
Thanks for contacting Osdag team.
Even if you have Python 2.7 installed on the system you have to tick (check) both the options of 'Advanced Options' (already mentioned in READMEfile) while installing Minicionda. This is because Osdag uses dependencies and packages through Miniconda.
You have to uninstall Osdag and Miniconda and reinstall it again following the instructions strictly given in the READMEfile. Now you will be able to use the command 'python osdagMainPage.py' (here the python used is from Miniconda).You are installing Osdag and Miniconda in the correct directories as mentioned.
For ArcGIS software, you can try using python 2.7 from Miniconda.
In case if Osdag doesn't work even after following the above instructions please check the forum post 'Osdag not opening'
1. Check if Miniconda is installed properly in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Miniconda2".
2. Go inside this folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Miniconda2\Lib\site-packages", inside site-packagesfolder "PyQt5" should be present. If it is not present then Miniconda and Osdag is not installed properly.
3. In command prompt type "conda list" which will list out all the dependencies related and not relatedto Osdag (Osdag related dependencies can be found in the downloaded installer folder > "dependencies". Here you need to cross check if all the dependencies are present in "cond list". If some packages are missing then the installation is not done properly).
4. To check which python you are using type "python" in command prompt. It should be using Miniconda python 2.7.
6. If the system is not using Miniconda python 2.7 and using some different python installed then it will show this in command prompt
Python 2.7.11 (v2.7.11:6d1b6a68f775, Dec 5 2015, 20:32:19) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
to use the Miniconda python change the path to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Miniconda2;C:\Program Files (x86)\Miniconda2\Scripts;C:\Program Files (x86)\Miniconda2\Library\bin;" in the Environment Variable.
If you don't know how to set/change the path please see thisdocument.
If you still face any issues with installation, please write in detailed or send related screenshots to firstname.lastname@example.org