Proble with opening DWSIM file into software

I am using DWSIM 3.4 in my Win 7 32 bit laptop. I am not able to open DWSIM files that are available in Flow sheeting project web page. I think this is may be because of I am using older version? what can I do to open this in DWSIM 3.4. When I open these files error is showing aserror while loading unit operation and components. Please help me in this regards.

DWSIM 02-02-18, 12:41 p.m. sbdongare

Answers:

Hi, DWSIM 3.4 is not compatible with 32-bit version of Windows 7. Kindly download an install DWSIM Version 5.1 update 9 for 32-bit windows 7 which is available here: http://dwsim.inforside.com.br/wiki/index.php?title=Downloads

Also, a lot of development and advanced features have been added to DWSIM 5.1 and therefore it is strongly recommended to use the latest version available.

02-02-18, 2:51 p.m. Priyam_Nayak

Thanks for reply Sir,
Actually spoken tutorials created on DWSIM 3.4, thats why I have installed 3.4?
For the beginners is it ok to go directly on DWSIM 5.1?

02-02-18, 2:57 p.m. sbdongare

Yes. It is always recommended to use the latest version of the software. It doesn't matter If you are a beginner or an advanced user.

02-02-18, 3 p.m. Priyam_Nayak

ok

02-02-18, 3:04 p.m. sbdongare

Hello Sir,
I have installed DWSIM 5.1, Two icons on desktop were created i.e. DWSIM and DWSIM (Classic UI).
When I click on DWSIM icon it says " version of file is not compatible with version of window that you are using",
and when i click DWSIM (Classic UI) it opens new window saying "An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: The type initializer for 'CoolPropPINVOKE' threw an exception". After clicking Continue button, one background window is opening on desktop saying Loading components. But no further process takes place.

Please help me in this regards.

08-02-18, 10:36 a.m. sbdongare

Try right clicking on DWSIM (Classic UI) and then Run as Administrator.

08-02-18, 11:01 a.m. Priyam_Nayak

Sorry sir.....same error

08-02-18, 3:29 p.m. sbdongare

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.