Error for Thermodynamic Package for a Compound
I am using DWSIM to simulate a process plant for my undergrad thesis and there are lots of compounds which are not available in the property package so I have resorted to creating the indivual json files for the missing compounds. However, when I try to create the simulation model, there is an error when it comes to the viscosity or there is a missing interaction parameter for a binary pair. How do I resolve this? What is the best Property Package if there are no chemical reactions involved and is mostly physical separations?
Please follow the steps mentioned below to resolve the missing binary interaction parameters error: For Windows/Linux-Classic UI:
- Click on Settings >> Go to Thermodynamics tab >> Click on NRTL under Added Property Packages section
- Click on Configure >> Go to Property Calculation Settings tab >> Go to Misc Settings tab
- Check the checkbox against "Ignore Missing UNIQUAC/NRTL Interaction Parameters."
- Close the Settings window and now Solve the flowsheet. You should be able to simulate successfully.
- Go to Setup >> Click on Basis
- Click on Edit against NRTL under Added Property Packages section
- Click on the General Settings tab
- Under the Other section, Check the checkbox against "Ignore Missing UNIQUAC/NRTL Interaction Parameters."
- Close the Edit window, Simulation Basis window, and then Solve the flowsheet. You should be able to simulate successfully.