Provision for allowing freedom for motion for the object under study

My project for PG is on maneuverability of ship. I am using openfoam for simulation. My question which solver i should use and where in solver i should add the details of degree of freedom?

Thanks and regards

mohammed shameel

OpenFOAM 30-07-22, 8:20 p.m. MS321@
31-07-22, 4 p.m. Iobit11

Dear Mohammed,

interFoam would be a good place to start as it has dynamicMesh capabilities as well as tutorial cases for your application. Please refer to the following tutorials for your reference (OpenFOAM V9):

• $FOAM_TUTORIALS/multiphase/interFoam/laminar/sloshingTank2D3DoF 
  • $FOAM_TUTORIALS/multiphase/interFoam/RAS/DTCHullMoving
  • Useful information on dynamicMeshing in OpenFOAM: Guerrero, Joel (2022): OpenFOAM advanced training. Moving meshes, rigid body motion, adaptive mesh refinement, and overset meshes. figshare. Presentation.

https://doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.19310492.v1

Regards

Ashuthosh

01-08-22, 11:10 a.m. Ashuthosh

Thanks for sharing this informative and amazing post here. I found it very interesting and enjoy reading this post. Will wait for more posts.
vertical machining center manufacturers
01-08-22, 3:52 p.m. centrecnc

This is my first time on the site - really happy to find this support group. I have personally struggled with internet addiction issues and look forward to exploring the resources here.

MyPaymentsPlus Login

04-08-22, 3:04 p.m. Bond007

The article brings a lot of useful information to the readers. it helped me clear my doubts about my problem. I am building my site and it has many initial problems. However, things are moving in the right direction.
08-08-22, 7:45 a.m. penny14336

That is the reason focus on you must specific groundwork well before authoring. Will be possible to more desirable blog posts in this manner?
08-08-22, 10:21 a.m. peppor33044

Log-in to answer to this question.