change of volume inside pipe

Hello, First I would like to describe what i am doing. Description: There is a pipe closed at bottom and open at top(similar to test tube) with dimensions 0.126 m diameter and 0.5 m height. Inside the pipe there is concrete filled upto 0.124m dia and rest at the internal walls filled with lubricating layer(paste). Now side walls are moved down with a velocity of 0.6679m/s downwards. No dynamic mesh used. It is a static case. Now my problem is, I believe i have implemented everything fine in openFOAM and simulation ran succesfully. After some some i found the amount of lubricant which was initialised at walls is increasing in quantity and occupying entire cylinder. Concrete is not found. Don't know why ? I couldn't attach any case files here. For sharing those Im happy.

OpenFOAM 11-08-17, 5:25 p.m. ashok

Answers:

Hi ashok, Is it possible for you to send the case directory.

18-09-17, 7:15 p.m. sathish

Hi Satish, Thanks for reply. Can you send me the mail id to which i have to send my case directory

18-09-17, 7:23 p.m. ashok

sathishka12@gmail.com

18-09-17, 10:46 p.m. sathish

Thank you. I will send it now giving a brief description of what I am doing :) .

18-09-17, 10:49 p.m. ashok

ok.i check it and suggest solution as soon as possible

18-09-17, 10:54 p.m. sathish

I have sent them :)

18-09-17, 11:09 p.m. ashok

Login to add comment

Hi Ashok, Can you mentiion the solver which you used for the simulation. Orelse I want you to try the simulation for Water-Air case by defining the surface tension sigma, which you defined as "0" before, to see the changes in the result. and we can think about Concrete-Air case. Regards, Sathish

28-09-17, 1:49 p.m. sathish

Log-in to answer to this question.