dsmcFoam + cht solver combination possible?

Hey there!

I have worked with dsmcFoam to simulate some problems and I have also worked with chtMulti-Foam solver.

But is there a possibility wherein I can combine both the solvers in such a way that I perform DSMC simulation for the fluid part and perform the heat transfer analysis for a body subjected to this flow.

Awaiting your response,

Milin

OpenFOAM 05-09-21, 11:27 p.m. milinmartin397
chtMultiRegionFoam is a. Combination of heatConductionFoam and buoyantFoam for conjugate heat transfer between a solid region and fluid region. DGCustomerFirst
11-09-21, 12:52 p.m. Wilson65

We need to calculate multiphase stream of the one substance in the air atmosphere (this is why we using interFoam), but also we need to get heat transfer data between the substance, solid obstacle (moving reference frame) and atmosphere. scholarsband

16-11-21, 5:41 p.m. Chinwong

Login to add comment

If you are interested in rarefied gases, you may want to investigate the possibility of using the dsmcFoam+ solver. This software is based on the OpenFOAM software framework and is parallelized using MPI. It is free and open-source and includes helpful features, such as chemical reactions and subsonic pressure boundary conditions. To use dsmcFoam with the CFD solver, you'll have to make certain assumptions about the temperature distributions of the light and heavy particles. For example, for non-equilibrium conditions, the electron Te and heavy particle Th must be at a temperature higher than the rest of the system. The OpenFoam built-in solver is designed to handle non-equilibrium ionization-recombination equilibrium, ambipolar transport of particles, two-temperature models, and heat transfer between solids. dg survey

20-12-21, 10:55 a.m. daniilmedved

I really like this, clean minimal, responsive just what i was looking for, cheers mate. DGCustomerfirst com
12-02-22, 8:10 p.m. dgcustomerfirstmode

Thank you so much for sharing all this wonderful information It is so appreciated!! You have good humor in your blogs. So much helpful and easy to read! www.quickpayportal.com
23-02-22, 5 p.m. QUICKMODE

This is a great post. I like this topic. I found many interesting things from this site. Thanks for posting this again. MyAccountAccess
28-02-22, 1:16 p.m. Myaccountmode

I really like this, clean minimal, responsive just what i was looking for, cheers mate. Prepaidgiftbalance Visa card
15-03-22, 3:39 p.m. glengreenwood

I'm glad you solved it shed builders near me
21-03-22, 8:23 p.m. geebranz

Log-in to answer to this question.