Dear Osdag Team,
I have installed the osdag software as per the instructions given in read me file. even after doing so , i am unable to run software . I have tried other options give in previous questions raised by other people but it doesnt work.
Verify the installation by performing the following checks;
1. Download the latest version of Osdag (2021-02-15).
2. Keep the internet connectivity ON during the installation.
3. Disable the antivirus during installation (if any).
4. Un-install the previous version of Osdag, Miniconda and LaTeX (if any).
5. Install Osdag (as an administrator) with the default options during the installation. Also make sure that the installer does not throw any error during the installation process.
6. Try to run the software after the installation is successfully completed (the initial launch of the screen might take upto a minute or more, please be patient).
7. If the software does not launch, check the following instructions. For Osdag to work properly, the system default version of Python should be Python3 (this can be checked by opening the command prompt inside the Osdag directory and typing "python", the default version should be python3.x).
8. If the python version is 3.x, then run the following command inside the Osdag directory "python osdagMainPage.py" (Osdag directory is the directory which contains all the files, for example, osdagMainPage.py). If Osdag is not installed properly it will throw an error, please copy paste the error or take a screenshot and send to the same discussion thread.
9. If Osdag doesn't open or the system default python is not version 3.x, then you will have to add/update python3.x to the path in the environmental variable manually. The procedure to add path to the environmental variable manually is as follows;
9.1- Go to the directory where Osdag is installed. Inside Osdag folder find miniconda3 --- Library --- bin. Copy this path and keep aside. It should look like "Your_directory:\User_name\Osdag\miniconda3\Library\bin" (Your_directory and User_name will be replaced as per your system).
9.2- Similarly, copy the following path "Your_directory:\User_name\Osdag\miniconda3\Scripts" (again, Your_directory and User_name will be replaced as per your system).
9.3- Go to control panel and search for "Edit the system environment variable" and open. "System Properties" dialogue box will open. Go to the "Advanced" tab and select the "Environment Variablles" options at the bottom corner in the window. In the "System Variables" window at bottom select "Path" by double-clicking on it. A new dialogue box will open with a lists of path. Copy paste the above paths here and click OK. Save and Apply the changes before exiting the window.
10. Check if LaTeX is instaled properly. Again, open the command prompt inside the Osdag folder and type "latex". If it gives you version number and other details, it means that LaTeX is installed properly. Else you will have to find where LaTeX is installed and add it to your path in environment variable, as done previously.
11. Try to run Osdag, It should open as desired. "
Please suggest me any possible solution to solve my issue.
I am attaching few images if it can help .
Dear Osdag user,
Can you try the following command, "python osdagMainPage.py" and send us the screenshot of the error.
Also, from the above screenshot it seems like the conda environment is not activated and thus the required libraries fail to load which in turn prevents Osdag from launching. More details on how to activate the conda environment can be found at https://conda.io/projects/conda/en/latest/user-guide/tasks/manage-environments.html#activating-an-environment.
Dear Osdag user,
The issue is regarding the permission of the database file/Osdag. Running the program with administrator privileges should solve the error. Follow the steps mentioned below;
- Search for 'cmd' and run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- The command prompt will open in C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.
- Simply navigate to the directory where Osdag is installed.
- Run the program by executing the command 'python osdagMainPage.py'.