Simulation of Linde nitrogen liquefier on DWSim.
The Linde cycle is a simple thermodynamic process for producing liquid air. To minimise the complexity of the process further, I have taken nitrogen in place of air. The process has only a few components, a mixer, a compressor, a simple counter flow heat exchanger, a valve and a phase separator. There are two loops, requiring two recycle blocks.
Please help me with the following questions:
- I am attaching a DWSim file. The recycle blocks have been connected properly. Once it is started, the calculation does not stop; the information panel keeps moving, showing "Script Data updated Successfully" about five times a second.
- The buttons "Solve Flowsheet (F5)" and "Abort Solver (Pause/Break)", apparently are doing nothing. Nothing visible happens on pressing them. Same is true for F7.
- All the lines in the diagram are in blue indicating proper solution except for the streams connecting to the recycle icons. Pressing the "Debug object" command returns "error - function not implemented". Data in different streams show erratic results.
- I shall be grateful if the flow sheet can be made to work.
- DWSim is a sequential modular simulator. The software decides the sequence in which the different modules will be executed. Is there a command through which we can know before the execution starts in what order the different equipment blocks will be executed?
- Is there a way of single-stepping the simulation, i.e. doing only one block at a time and seeing how the results have changed by that one step, and where it actually breaks down.
- How do I stop the simulation process midway? I pressed "Abort Solver (Pause / Break)"; nothing happened; the information panel refused to stop.