Wing Motion - Dynamic Mesh using pimpleFoam

Hey!

I am trying to test out a flapping wing case. I started out with the tutorial case in pimpleFoam/wingMotion. Although I did follow all the steps, the final mesh does not move - the flapping wing motion does not occur. The other sub cases like wingMotion_snappyHexMesh and wingMotion2D_simpleFoam work fine, but the last step alone is troublesome. Can anyone help me with the same?

Thanks!

OpenFOAM 27-01-21, 10:38 a.m. vaishali25
Hello,

In Allrun file you can see how the tutorial is copying files between folders after running some commands. Check if you missed anything.

Regards,
Divyesh Variya
27-01-21, 12:05 p.m. divyesh

Hey, Thank you for replying! I have ensured and cross-checked that all commands described in Allrun file are executed except the decomposePar. As I have issues with running on parallel I have stuck to running the solver the usual way. Could that have affected the solution? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
27-01-21, 12:37 p.m. vaishali25

Hi,

I ran the same simulation using Allrun script. It is showing results with moving mesh.
Can you explain the procedure you followed to run the simulation?

Regards,
Divyesh Variya

27-01-21, 5:15 p.m. divyesh

Hey, 

I ran the same sequence of steps with pimpleDyMFoam solver and it works perfectly fine now. 

Thank you for your time.

Vaishali.

28-01-21, 3:33 p.m. vaishali25

Login to add comment

I followed the same steps sequence with the pimpleDyMFoam solver. Can you explain the process you followed to run the simulation? Minecraft Classic
03-02-21, 8:15 a.m. gmmelissa

I'm so excited, thank you! Play run 3 online free
15-06-21, 2:53 p.m. runpro

Unblock sites, access content from anywhere, and protect every device. Cyberghost vpn review
08-07-21, 11:15 a.m. Russell21

This is certainly a splendid post. Thank you for making the effort to detail all of this out for folks. It is a great guide! https://www.emondagesaint-augustin-de-desmaures.com
03-08-21, 5:31 p.m. charlesjablon9898

I'm having some problem on setting up my Wing Motion - Dynamic Mesh, can anyone help me on this? www.mobilemechanicprosofdenver.com
Oops! Looks like spam! Waiting for moderator approval.
28-09-21, 9:10 p.m. francishendrix1432

Login to add comment
Oops! Looks like spam! Waiting for moderator approval

I think this is one of the best source. I have found what I was looking for. www.emondagesaint-eustache.com
29-09-21, 9:17 p.m. edisonbatey9651

It is always so brilliant and also jam-packed with a good time for me and my office acquaintances to visit your web site the equivalent of thrice in a week to find out the latest tips you will have. cheap fencing and gates near me
05-10-21, 2:52 p.m. dotyhughes117

Log-in to answer to this question.