nghdl installation

As I require NGHDL for mixed mode simulation.. when I click the NGHDL module it is saying like u have not installed ...please help me how to overcome this problem.

eSim 24-09-20, 5:35 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com
Hello Manasa, Please download the latest version of eSim: https://esim.fossee.in/downloads Follow the instructions provided on the above link.
27-09-20, 7:09 p.m. Gloria

previously I have downloaded the latest version only  mam...but it is saying like it supports mixed mode simulation and only for ubuntu users mam...any other solution for supporting on windows also??

27-09-20, 7:32 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

plz provide me the solution for NHDL installation.

27-09-20, 7:39 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Login to add comment

Dear Manasa, Please refer to this link and go through the instructions:https://github.com/FOSSEE/nghdl You can download the NGHDL for windows version from the above link.
28-09-20, 2:48 a.m. Gloria

Iam not getting the link to download it mam...https://github.com/FOSSEE/nghdl ..from this link which u have provided I downloaded the zip code realted to it consists of examples and other....but when I again open the eSIM it is showing like u have not installed...

So can u provide me the direct link from where I can download it mam

28-09-20, 4:29 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Dear Manasa,

Please go to the Git link and download the "ngspice-nghdl.tar.xz".

Copy this folder in eSim 2.0 directory (Assuming that you have downloaded the latest version of eSim, i.e eSim 2 from eSim website).

Then follow the instructions on the eSim user manual on how to use the NGHDL option of eSim for uploading the VHDL code (Dos and Donts). 

28-09-20, 5:37 p.m. Gloria

Thank you for the information mam

28-09-20, 5:42 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Login to add comment

mam can u check out of the image once... i have downloaded and added to esim directory
29-09-20, 12:44 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Dear Mansa,

Yes, make sure there are no folders in the zipped format, inside the ngspice-nghdl folder. 

29-09-20, 2 p.m. Gloria

Login to add comment

yes mam there are no any zipped files inside that folder ...but it is shown as same like you have not installed...i kept the image mam
29-09-20, 2:06 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Go to the terminal and tell me what is the error you are getting?

29-09-20, 5:35 p.m. Gloria

Login to add comment

I kept the esim terminal mam
29-09-20, 6:18 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Dear Manasa,

NGHDL for windows is not available yet. We are doing a few modifications.

I suggest you install a virtual Ubuntu OS and work on the mixed mode.

29-09-20, 9:43 p.m. Gloria
Yes mam it shows in the site as not available on windows.... If I install virtual ubuntu OS then again I need to install eSIM on to that??

30-09-20, 7:45 a.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Yes mam it shows in the site as not available on windows.... If I install virtual ubuntu OS then again I need to install eSIM on to that??

05-10-20, 1:49 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Dear Mansa,

If you want to work on NGHDL, then you should go ahead. It won't take much of memory and is relatively fast on ubuntu.

05-10-20, 7:34 p.m. Gloria

Mam is Nghdl for windows is now available ??

05-10-20, 8:44 p.m. manasareddymuppa@gmail.com

Dear Manasa,

It will take some time.

07-10-20, 4:10 p.m. Gloria

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.