Simulation not working. Error while opening phyton plotting editor

Hello greetings,
I am writing you because it seems that I am not getting the simulation to work, and I can't post a question to the forum. I am trying to run the RC example from the manual. I can create the schematic in Kicad-eeschema, then run in esim the kicadtoNgspice properly. But when I try to run the simulation it gives me: "Error while opening pyhon plotting Editor. Please look at console for more details"
and in the console it gives me the following: [ERROR]: Exception Message :[Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Guillermo\\eSim-Workspace\\RCAC\\plot_data_i.txt' [ERROR]: Exception Message :local variable 'alli' referenced before assignment [ERROR]: Exception Message : [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\Guillermo\\eSim-Workspace\\RCAC\\plot_data_v.txt'
my circ.out file is as follows: * c:\users\guillermo\esim-workspace\rcac\rcac.cir v1 in gnd sine(0 2 50 0 0) c1 out gnd 1u r1 out in 1k * u1 in plot_v1 * u2 out plot_v1 .tran 10e-03 100e-03 0e-03 * Control Statements .control run print allv > plot_data_v.txt print alli > plot_data_i.txt plot v(in) plot v(out) .endc .end
I am suspecting it is the simulation that is not working and not generating the "plot_data_i.txt" and the "plot_data_v.txt", because if I open the example from ProgramFiles>esim>Examples>RC I have no problem on getting the python editor to plot the results.
Thank you very much for your support.
Best regards from Mexico,
Guillermo Becerra

eSim 29-09-16, 10:07 a.m. memobecerra

Answers:

Dear Guillermo,

Can you please confirm that you are able to see the ngSpice window. If yes then you can plot from ngSpice window as well. Please look at ngspice command on esim.fossee.in in download section.
Meanwhile please zip your project file and send us at contact-esim@fossee.in as we cannot find out the exact error.

29-09-16, 11 a.m. fahim

Hello Fahim,

I cannot see the Ngspice window, so I cannot enter any comand. I can run the Kicad to ngSpice succesfully, I fill the analysis and source details information and then click on the convert button and I get the message: The Kicad to Ngspice Conversion completed successfully. When I click in the simulation button it gives me the error refered in my question and generates a blank Ngspice window. I will send the project folder to the contact address.
Thanks for your support.
Guillermo.

01-10-16, 12:02 a.m. memobecerra

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.