FIles and folders backup

I would like to backup my files and folders. What is an easy to use software for backing up selected folders and files in Debian 9?

Regards, Bharat

Affordable-Laptop 19-01-20, 9:50 p.m. sethbharat

I'm assuming you want to backup on external media.

If you want to simply backup the do a copy operation on the files and folders

If you want to sync one way, i.e from laptop to external media, which means whenever there is an update on the laptop side then send only the incremental changes to the external media. The command 'rsync' can handle such backups effortlessly.

If you're looking for GUI tools, then this link may have some suggestions (PS: I haven't used any of the UI tools).

https://www.ubuntupit.com/free-open-source-backup-software-for-linux/

22-01-20, 9:26 a.m. Srikant

So over the course of computer owning over the last decade and a half or so it's occurred to me that I don't really like backing up everything into what I feel is basically a locked box (referring to the traditional way windows backs up files,  it makes a backup for your specific hardware and config and individual important files are basically locked without special software to extract them/access them or by unpacking them through windows recovery, and AFAIK you pretty much just have to hope it all works in the event you need to recover).

jiofi.local.html tplinklogin is it down

Oops! Looks like spam! Waiting for moderator approval.
22-01-20, 9:28 a.m. Arsoy

Login to add comment
Oops! Looks like spam! Waiting for moderator approval

Backup copies allow data to be restored from an earlier point in time to help the business recover from an unplanned event. Storing the copy of the data on a separate medium is critical to protect against primary data loss or corruption

project free tv unblocked

Oops! Looks like spam! Waiting for moderator approval.
10-02-20, 7:07 p.m. DamonThomas

Login to add comment
Oops! Looks like spam! Waiting for moderator approval

Log-in to answer to this question.