Dear all, i recently joined this forum. I am going to do my mtech thesis work using openfoam. But i am having trouble in installing it in windows. It is always showing an error. I have un-installed (completely) and again installed the same numerous times, but the problem persists. Also I want to know the advantages of working openfoam in windows over ubuntu? Like if i don't have to go through the command line method in windows or some user-friendly aspects in windows.
1. We would be in a better position to answer your question if you post the error that you get in windows installation of OpenFOAM.
2. There are several advantages of working in Ubuntu over windows :
- Even while using windows you will still have to run the simulation using command terminal. So why not use Ubuntu
- All the functionalities that are available in windows are easily available in Ubuntu
- OpenFOAM is best learnt while working in Ubuntu ( personal experience)
- Learning Linux helps you lot in academia as well as getting job industry.