How can I type "Bengali" phonetically in this Debian laptop? I would also like to know the same for the language "Sanskrit". I used AVRO keyboard for typing Bengali phonetically in Win OS. I have read that the same can be done on Linux OS but not sure how to do it here.
- sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list (now add the following anywhere in the file)
- deb http://cdn-fastly.deb.debian.org/debian testing main
- Save and exit sources.list file
- sudo apt update
- Now follow the instructions given here https://github.com/sarim/ibus-avro#avro-phonetic-for-linux-in-ibus
PS: I haven't tested it on my low cost laptop, but most certainly it should work.
Other userful links:
- https://github.com/OpenBangla/OpenBangla-Keyboard/wiki/Installing-OpenBangla-Keyboard (alternate to Avro)
I have installed IBUS Avro using Sarim's instruction. Avro phonetic bangla loads nicely. But whenever I type, the output is in Arabic!
Is there any general way of phonetically typing the indian languages in this Debian laptop?