Sometimes my Affordable laptop hangs. I believe there are a number of ways one can recover in a linux system. The tricks I had learnt for Ubuntu did not work on my laptop. Ctrl-Alt-Del also doesn't work. Someone please tell me
1. What I need to do so that laptop does not hang?
2. If it hangs, how do I recover? Can one directly communicate with the kernel?
I have few follow up questions, it will help us narrow down the cause:
- Does it always use to hang? Or its after some recent updates?
- Please send us the Kernel version by running this on the terminal
- uname -a
- When you say hang, you mean both mouse and keyboard are unresponsive? Do you have to hard reset the laptop then?
The Ctrl-Alt-Del to open terminal works with Ubuntu GTK based distros, we have KDE installed on Debian-9. However, you can use KDE Global keyboard settings tool to assign the same combination to open the Konsole.