saving . . . saved
laminar separation bubble
Title
Question

Has anyone tried to visualize laminar separation bubble through openFoam? If so then which solver did u choose? I am trying to visualize separation bubble for Re=300 on a slit cylinder and as per literature i should see a laminar separation bubble... but i am not able to see... could anyone help? regards

OpenFOAM 02-04-17, 1:34 p.m. SUBHANKAR

Answers:

Hey Subhankar, Could you give the details of what solver and turbulence model you were using?

03-04-17, 2:40 a.m. anmolsahoo

i am using icoFoam...so no turbulence level...That is what i was asking, if icoFoam can capture laminar separation bubble...I am sorry if this question sound absurd, but i am not able to do capture LSB...thanks for replying

03-04-17, 5:27 a.m. SUBHANKAR

Hey Subhankar,

If you mean the Laminar Separation bubble which occurs due to the separation of the flow due to transition and then followed by the reattachment is essentially a property of the turbulence at the wall. Therefore, to the extent of my knowledge icoFoam cannot capture the Laminar Separation Bubble.

03-04-17, 3:47 p.m. anmolsahoo

yes, you got it right about LSB. Are you sure icoFoam can't capture LSB. IF that is the case can you tell me why it can't or what solvers would be suitable to capture.
Thanks again for replying...
regards

03-04-17, 6:25 p.m. SUBHANKAR

Login to add comment

Log-in to answer to this question.